Delivery of digital artwork
Use a clear filename that corresponds with the enclosed prints
Please take care to use a clear folder structure:
- Separate folder for Fonts
- Separate folder for illustrations
- Separate folder for make- up
VJD uses Apple Macintosh hardware
We prefer files made up in:
- Adobe Illustrator till CS5
- Adobe Photoshop till CS5
- Adobe Indesign till CS5
- QuarkXPress 6.5 or lower
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (PDF-HR)
General conditions for delivery of artwork
It’s important that all the “open” files are supplied according the following instructions:
- To guarantee a good control of the documents, prints need to be supplied on 100% (a deviant percentage indicate on the proof) and printed with die cutting tool and corner signs. Digital die cutting tools need to be supplied in EPS.
- Illustrations and files need to be supplied in CMYK and/or PMS. Resolutions should be minimum 300 dpi.
- Containing all used text lettertypes (fence- and printerfonts and also fonts used in EPS-files)
- We prefer to receive files designed in other program’s (see above) in PDF,
- (High resolution 1,4). In these files we can’t make any corrections or replace illustrations.
- When the image is outside the die cutting tool, the overfill should be 2.5 mm. Standard trapping needs to be 0.144PT
- Create a separate die cutting tools with the support colour named “die cut” en make sure that the die cutting colours are placed in “overfill”.
- Files made up in RGB need to be converted to CMYK
- Please deliver colour separated prints with your artwork.
- We prefer to make wet in wet printproofs in case of first print runs
Click here to download the specifications as pdf.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding the delivery or specifications of material.